Thursday, March 12, 2009

Sketching as Professing

The following sketches are from my travels throughout the world and are the sketches that I included in my Fellowship proposal. Each sketch represents, for me, a unique architectural experience. I can still remember creating each sketch vividly. In a recent conversation with Julio Bermudez we discussed sketching/drawing as a form of architectural practice and I think that it goes even beyond that and can be or should be a way in which we profess. The question is "what are we professing?" For each of us this can be a deeply personal investigation and demonstration; filled with meaning and intent. Each sketch is not only a document representative of a time and place but is a reflection of the person engaged in the creative process. I hope that through my journey and sketching in India that I will begin to understand more fully what it means to profess and what message I am professing.

I hope you enjoy these sketches as much as I do!









No comments:

Post a Comment