Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Sketches of India

The following represent hours upon hours of time spent understanding and devouring the architecture and cultural landscape of Northern India. Whether the sketch was produced while in the back of a car, traveling on horrendous roads or under the shade of a tree on a bright day or in the middle of a rainstorm; each is embedded with meaning and understanding. I have been deeply effected by what I saw and what I experienced. Hopefully those feelings and stories are demonstrated in my sketches. Enjoy!
























4 comments:

  1. I enjoyed looking at these - I especially love the sketch on 3.24 with the colored clothing of the women carrying baskets/working. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jake, you are really talented...these sketches are awesome! Looks like such a fun trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. r u an architect..? i show u 've tremendous energy in Ur work...u r looking objects very critically...personally i like it....best of Ur work....good luck...!

    ReplyDelete